Part Time Sales/Retail Assistant – Darts Farm
Are you the Person we are looking for?
Our family run business is seeking a motivated, positive Weekend Retail Sales Advisor for their Cooker and Cookware showroom in Darts Farm Village, Topsham. As our Sales Advisor, you must be able to greet, assist, demonstrate and upsell our products to customers in a positive and engaging manner.
We are interested in a positive, proactive person with a can-do attitude who has the willingness to learn about our products and services and to be part of our friendly sales team.
– To welcome all customers into the showroom
– Be able to give a knowledgeable presentation of all the products and services we have available
– Achieve and exceed sales targets
– Displaying of all stock
– Following up all customer orders to ensure their timely delivery
– Cleaning and merchandising of shop floor and fixtures
– Cash and credit card handling
– Assisting customers with any queries promptly and efficiently
Knowledge & Skills Required
– Self-motivated and proactive
– Naturally positive personality with a can-do attitude
– Willingness to learn new skills
– Excellent communication and customer service skills
– Reliable and hardworking
– Passion or interest in cooking
– Must be able to commit to working every weekend
Hours of Work
Saturday/Sunday shifts with also some hours during the week, specific days tbc
– Free Parking
– Excellent working environment
Warehouse Assistant/AGA Delivery Assistant – Full Time – Temporary to Permanent (after Probation)
Garton King Appliances is an independent AGA Rangemaster Distributor supplying cookers, stoves, fridge/freezers, cookware, spare parts and also servicing for AGA cookers. Garton King has been installing AGA cookers since they arrived in Britain from Scandinavia nearly 80 years ago & has been trading since 1661.We specialise in AGA cookers but also supply other luxury kitchen appliances such as Rangemaster, Falcon, Mercury and Lacanche cookers to the public. We cover the South-West of England and also Guernsey. We have three business sites in Exeter; the main showroom is based at Darts Farm near Exeter, we have another smaller showroom based at North Street in the centre of Exeter and also have our warehouse and spares department close to Exeter Airport on the outskirts of the city. This role will be based out of the warehouse near Exeter airport but will involve regular day to day travel throughout the South West assisting our engineers.
This role will involve all of the below duties, but others will arise as the job and the applicant progresses. Please note that we require a flexible individual with confidence & initiative who is prepared for varied work as directed by the management.
- Assisting our warehouse manager with warehouse administration such as stock control, spare parts ordering, responding to e-mails, dealing with customers, allocating job sheets to engineers etc.
- Health & Safety – working with our Warehouse Manager to ensure that the warehouse is a clean and safe environment at all times – Risk Assessments & general H&S administration. Warehouse equipment repair & replacement & engineer H&S equipment supply.
- Stock control & liaising with engineers to provide & maintain van/warehouse stock of spare parts – we have engineers based in Cornwall and need to run a tightly organised system to supply them with the spares that they need to carry out their work.
- Warehouse office administration – spares and cooker ordering spreadsheet, unloading & dealing with lorry deliveries & associated paperwork.
- AGA Warranty and new AGA owner pack administration – maintaining the faulty AGA parts returns spreadsheet and emailing replacement part requirements to AGA, preparing AGA new owner packs to link to cooker orders.
- Invoicing customers, ordering & posting parts, dealing with telephone & e-mail enquiries.
- Driving one of our vans in between our sites delivering business items and stock or delivering items to customers. Also delivering spare parts to our Cornwall based engineers on a regular basis.
- Assisting our engineers with cooker deliveries, installations and repair/service work. The work involves extensive but safe and supervised team/dual lifting and manoeuvring of heavy objects e.g. cookers and cast iron components.
- Customer service & selling at our warehouse location both face to face and also over the telephone.
- Scrap metal control and disposal at scrap merchants.
- General cleaning and tidying of warehouse, company vans and our showrooms.
- Internal & external building maintenance & DIY e.g. painting, changing light bulbs, simple carpentry (putting up shelves etc.)
- Valid and clean UK driving license – ideally with own transport to and from our warehouse.
- This job involves manual labour and some heavy lifting. Someone strong and practical is required.
- Some warehouse/office administration experience & working knowledge of computers – particularly Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel & Sage software.
- Professional manner, keen, helpful, industrious, flexible and willing to learn.
- Presentable and able to communicate clearly with customers and other staff members.
- Experience in a retail environment, shop floor or warehouse.
- Forklift licence/trained
Experience required :
- 1+ years
- Education required
- Minimum GCSE / Scottish or equivalent, Ideally A Level or equivalent BTEC etc.
Job type: Permanent
Full Time – Hours 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday (plus very occasional weekend work)