AGA 60 Electric Hob
Call for more info - (01392) 878262
The AGA 60 couldn’t be easier to use. With one control knob for the hotplates and another for the ovens, the cooker has been designed with simplicity in mind.
The AGA 60 couldn’t be easier to use. With one control knob for the hotplates and another for the ovens, the cooker has been designed with simplicity in mind. The AGA 60’s roasting/baking oven can be programmed and can have up to three events programmed per day*. They operate using a timer similar to that used for controlling a central heating programmer. This means the ovens can be timed to come on and ready to cook when you are.
*Using the optional extra AGA 60 Programmer.
HOW THE HOTPLATES WORK
The hotplate operates using a powerful heating element and can be set to either boiling or simmering setting. Around the outside of the actual hotplate is a further usable cooking area. This area can be used to simmer on when the hotplate is set to boil, and as a warming plate when the hotplate is in simmering setting. When set to boiling setting the hotplate reaches temperature in around 11 minutes from cold, while the simmering setting reaches temperature in around 8 minutes.
HOW THE OVENS WORK
Using the control knob on the far left of the top plate, the top oven can be set to roasting, baking or the off setting. The roasting and baking settings can be achieved from cold in around one hour. The lower simmering oven can also be up to full temperature in around one hour. The baking setting will provide a ‘warm to touch’ feel.
- Roast & Simmer
- Bake & Simmer
BP/SP) Boiling/Simmering plate – The boiling plate will rapidly bring water to boil for that quick pasta supper. The simmering plate heat is gentle for delicate sauces and heating milk.
1) Roasting oven – The roasting oven grills, roasts and bakes bread beautifully.
1) Baking oven – A moderate oven for baking cakes and biscuits cooking fish, lasagne or a shepherd’s pie. And cooking sweet and savoury dishes together is no problem as the flavours do not mix.
2) Simmering oven – The simmering oven is ideal for slow cooking, allowing flavours to develop and making even the toughest meats tender.
UK Patent Application No 1411723.8 and EU Registered Design Applied for 002544346
VIEW HOW AN AGA 60 WORKS
OPTIONAL FEATURE – AGA 60 PROGRAMMER
To allow an additional degree of control over the AGA 60, there is an optional extra 7 day programmer available to enable you to programme the AGA 60 cooker to turn on and be ready to use when required. The programmer functions as a ‘pre-heater timer’ controlling the top oven only.
- ‘Line of Text’ display, providing text feedback that gives help and programming hints
- Large backlit display
- Factory set clock and date
- Automatic Summer/Winter 1 hour time change
- Temporary or permanent override facilities
- Extra hour facility for up to 3 hours boost or programme extension
- Choice of 3 different built in programmes
- Programme indicator lights
- Any programmed settings retained indefinitely in non-volatile memory
- Up to 3 on/off times per day
- ‘Holiday’ button
- Just 60cm wide
- Two ovens
- The top oven can be switched between baking and roasting settings
- The bottom oven is for simmering
- The hotplate can be set either to simmering or boiling
- When in boiling setting, the surrounding top plate can be used as an additional area for simmering
- When the hotplate is in simmering setting, this outer area can be used as a warming plate, for example, to melt chocolate or soften butter
- Uniquely and usefully, the top plate is made up of two cast-iron half-moon pieces, which can be removed and put in the dishwasher
- The ovens will take one hour to heat up and the hotplate eight to 11 minutes
- Available in 16 beautiful colours including the new Dartmouth Blue
- All new AGA heat-storage range cookers come with a five-year parts and one-year labour warranty
- Depth excluding handles 620mm
- Height 910mm
- Width 600mm
- Weight 223kg
- Fuel Type Electric
“ON WHEN YOU NEED IT, OFF WHEN YOU DON’T”
Since the launch of the AGA Total Control in 2011, there have been electric AGA cookers that can be ‘on when you need them and off when you don’t’. The AGA 60 is the latest addition to the collection of new-generation AGA cookers. The technology used means you are only using energy when you need it, while also enjoying all the benefits of radiant heat cooking.
As the AGA 60’s hotplates and ovens can be turned off by the control knob you are reducing the amount of energy used, providing further potential energy savings.
ENERGY CONSUMPTION TEST
Rigorous testing of the AGA 60 has been undertaken to assess the energy consumption under different conditions of use. The test is based on the same standard menu used for the AGA Total Control and AGA Dual Control to measure energy consumption. Below is a table, which represents one week of typical usage. The findings from this testing are approximate and will depend on ambient conditions, mains voltage supply and variability in manufacturing assembly.
|Day||Meal||Food Cooked||Zones used|
|Monday||Dinner||Left over meat
Jacket potatoes and vegetables
|Tuesday||Dinner||Chicken Enchiladas||Boiling Plate
|Wednesday||Dinner||Pizza and oven chips||Roasting Oven|
|Thursday||Dinner||Pasta with chicken sauce||Boiling Plate
|Friday||Dinner||Shepherds Pie and vegetables||Boiling Plate
|Cooked breakfast plus kettle
Soup plus kettle
Curry, rice and Naan bread
Boiling Plate and Simmering PlateBoiling Plate and Simmering Oven
|Croissants plus kettle
Roast DinnerCheese on toast plus kettle
|Boiling Plate and Roasting Oven
Boiling Plate, Simmering Plate and Roasting Oven
Boiling Plate and Roasting Oven
The energy consumed over one week for this test was around 35kWh. Clearly there are even greater savings to be made if only the top plates are used (during warmer periods of the year for example) with the ovens turned off.
NB – The AGA 60 requires a 32amp connection.
|Dimensions||620 × 600 × 910 mm|
Aubergine, Black, Blush Pink, Cream, Dark Blue, Dartmouth Blue, Dove, Duck Egg Blue, Heather, Linen, Pearl Ashes, Pewter, Pistachio, Salcombe Blue, Slate Grey, White